Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Not to worry....

OK - Kaity says I HAVE to post so people won't think I ran away from home or something.

Actually.... I have thought about posting every day, but didn't have the time, didn't really have anything to say... etc. It got too late to post specifically about Christmas - although we had a wonderful trip to Texas. And, I've just been busy getting caught up from being gone, getting out from under piles of laundry, getting back to work.... etc. Necessary stuff, but boring for blog fodder.

But, yes - Christmas and our vacation were wonderful. Check out the girls and I with this longhorn steer.... and, yes, he's real, and VERY big. I am SO impressed that Lily actually got on him!



We had lots of fun with family, played games, had our family "Iron Chef" competition (my team won with our Buche de Noel, thank you very much!), and since we were with my MIL, of course hit the outlet malls the day after Christmas.

Although Kaity and I weren't able to make the drive to Katy, Texas to go to Yarntopia, we did get to go to Hill Country Weavers in Austin. Wow - what a great place. I bought this beautiful Euroflax in Eggplant, and I'm gonna swatch it up for Eiffel, hopefully. (the pretty hank of Lorna's was picked up by my sister for me while they were in Spokane... because she knew it was good stuff... she remembered "reading it on the blogs!" I'm training her well, aren't I!).

I also made quite a bit of progress on my Sizzle, in airports and on airplanes. Oh, the joys of holiday travel. Actually, it was all very uneventful, except for one connecting flight we almost didn't make, because our previous flight left VERY late - and we had to get them to unlock the doors to let us on the plane at the last minute. Makes for lots of knitting time, though. Since this picture, I finished both the front and back, and last night got it all seamed up. It seems to fit well., and when next you see it, it will be a FO!

Ok - see, I'm alive and well. And, I promise not to let 2 weeks go between posts. Besides, I've got some beautiful mittens to show you, knit by my friend in Finland, and Sizzle should be done soon.

Happy New Year my friends!

14 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always things to catch up on after traveling. Looks like a terrific time was had by all. Happy Holidays. Now it's time to knit for ourselves, right?

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I just checked out your weight loss ticker. Way to go!!!

I love the eggplant colored yarn. It's a great color!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Your next post sounds like a winner! Thanks for the little tease.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year!! =D

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Happy New Year!! Oh, I ended up with 46 pairs of socks, with 33 starting, if you're still keeping track!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Happy New Year Lynda. I hope to see you the next time you head to the Lone Star State.

Amy

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. Happy 2007!

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT's a cow! The eggplant yarn is gorgeous. Glad you guys had a good Christmas trip. I'm looking forward to your Sizzle!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

That steer is bigger than all 3 of you put together! It's so easy not to post once more than a few days go by :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Hey, your weight ticker moved!!! Good job! Where did you get that, btw?

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

eeee -those are some crazy horns! happt new year and welcome back!

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! :o)

Glad you had a good trip - love the yarn additions and I can't wait to see Sizzle!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

REAL as in A.L.I.V.E.?!! How'd you get him to stand so still - slip him some valium?!! It's Christmastime - you know - "you could poke your eye out"!!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger mrspao said...

Happy New Year!! Sizzle looks gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home