Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Knitting Finished!!!

I finished my Christmas Knitting!!! Of course, this is the only thing Christmas knitting I did.... and even that was not planned. I totally planned to make this scarf for myself. I know..... get me, giving away my knitting! There's a first time for everything. I'm a totally selfish knitter.... me, me, me.

But I wanted to do something special for this friend, and I thought she'd really appreciate it (she did.... I'm NOT patient and made her open it right away). Yep.... in less than 12 hours I finished it, blocked it, wrapped it, gave it away.... and saw it on the recipient's neck. Instant gratification - that's what I'm talking about!

And I loved making this enough I can see knitting this pattern again. I know - a day of firsts. Usually, I'm so darned bored of something by the time I finally finish it I would never knit it again. But, I'm pretty sure I'll do this again.

I REALLY love this pattern. I mean - come on.... take a gander.... you've gotta admit, it's gorgeous. And I'd really love one for myself. You know- me, me, me.

Pattern: Branching Out
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, color 03 (mint); 1-3/4 balls

Did I mention I love this pattern... yep - fun to knit, and easy enough to take in the car for short knitting bursts without totally getting lost as to where I am in the pattern.

Can you tell I'm so happy with it I can hardly stand it. I miss it already. Good thing my friend lives about two minutes away... I can go visit it.

Knitting lace - I think I'm hooked.

16 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh your scarf is sooooo beautiful. What a pretty pattern!
I think you used the perfect yarn!
It's lovely!

Donna

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Marion said...

That's very pretty!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger chris said...

Your Branching Out is SO beautiful, Lynda!!! I love it! And I would say that your friend would be thrilled to receive it, but seeing as you've gifted it AND made her open it already to find that she indeed DID love it, I guess I don't have to. ;-) Beautiful color and that DB is just gorgeous. I've been stalking your blog, wondering when you were going to post again...need my fix! :-) Take care! :-)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

That is a lovely scarf, Lynda. I'd have had a hard time giving it away. I'm sure the recipient really appreciates it. I think this is one of those "what Christmas is all about" moments.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your friend is very lucky.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

to die for! truly!

Ok, I might have to try one. (Since I *didn't* get one for Christmas! LOL)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great - how many balls of the baby cashmerino did you use?

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is pretty and beautifully blocked too. Can't imagine that it is easy enough to knit in the car!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

That is a fun pattern to knit. I knit it as a gift for my grandmother. I know your friend will love it.

Amy

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oops, sorry Theresa, I used about 1-3/4 balls.... I'd better go back and add that to the post!

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, I'm jealous. I should move to CA, then you could knit one for me! I'm kidding, i've been wanting to knit one of those for evah. I love that pattern, beautiful job!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Laura said...

That is really beautiful! I have some pink Baby Cashmerino in my stash -- I think it needs to be a Branching Out!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

isn't lace terrific??? your branching out looks so lovely!! great job! =D

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger ~k said...

You did a beautiful job on that Branching Out! i started 2 of them this past summer and haven't finished. Got distracted by my sister's wedding and never have picked them back up. Really should do that sometime next year...

:o)

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lynda.... it's gorgeous! I think you've found your niche!

I didn't get close to finishing my Christmas knitting/crocheting. Do you think it's totally tacky to wrap and give half-finished gifts with the promise to finish them within a month?

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Holiday season! From Karyn & Noey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home