Friday, December 02, 2005

Park Those Angels

I was driving along this morning, iPod plugged into the Beetle stereo playing all my Christmas songs. I LOVE Christmas music. And, I get so into it, if I'm not rocking out with Brian Setzer and Boogie Woogie Christmas, I'm crying along with "O Holy Night," anyone's version! Driving along, tears streaming down my face. I'm such a sap. Luckily, it's on "shuffle mode" and the next song will probably get me rocking again, you know, maybe Perry Como and "No Place Like Home for the Holidays," or Elvis and "Blue Christmas."

This morning one of my all time favorites came up, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." I love to sing it, hear it, play it, and my favorite version is probably from A Charlie Brown Christmas, because that's where all my kids, and my sister's kids, learned it.

My niece, Bella, learned it when she was about three.... and would sing it on command, but her cute, three-year-old version was "Park the Herald Angels sing....." and then, a little later in the song, "peace on Earth and mercy wild." It's one of those things that is now forever a part of the family... and every year we fondly remember "Park the Herald Angels"!

Of course, it's cute when your three-year-old niece messes up the words, but my husband has forever ruined "The Christmas Song" for us - every time we hear it we can't get HIS version out of our heads, "Chest hairs roasting by an open fire, Jack Frost's fingers up your nose...."

There's a little something from me to you... you'll probably never hear that song the same again either!

So - on the knitting front, check out my Branching Out scarf up there!! Get me, doing lace work! I'm thinking I'm liking the lace knitting. Of course, I ripped out at least that much three times before I actually "got it," but now I'm loving it. It's that Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, very soft.... very nice.

and, here's finally a modeled shot of the Wendy/Heather sweater. Not a great picture.... I had a migraine, major bad hair (hence, no head), and was fairly well drugged-up when I took it; and now I see the unmade bed and wet bath mat in the background... but I'm not looking too bad, so... this is the shot we're going with. Priorities you know. Would you rather see "muffin top action" and wild-woman hair, or an unmade bed - I thought so.

14 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger chris said...

I love Christmas music, too! Every year, I begin playing Christmas songs a little earlier. This year, the DH was pretty horrified that we were eating turkey and stuffing to "Joy to the World." He insists that the holiday season begins the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I figure if I train him well enough, by the time we're 50, he'll think nothing of hearing "Park the Herald Angels Sing" the day after Halloween. ;-) Your Branching Out looks beautiful! And you look fabulous in your sweater! What a great fit!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

your branching out looks luxurious and great!! white is perfect for the season too. =)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Ruth - I guess it does look white in that picture, but actually it's a very soft green!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

You lace knitter, you. The scarf is beautiful. I love Christmas music although I have a co-worker who listens to it year round. We have an Ella Fitzgerald cd with an awesome version of Joy to the World. Your sweater turned out perfectly. The fit is fabulous.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Failing to have proof read the first comment I made, I had to start over. What I meant to say was:

Great job on the lace and the sweater.

Remember, your blog name says that you are wonderfully made, not your bed.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Don't you look sassy in your purple sweater. And those nails...love them!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Marion said...

Wow, that looks great. I especially love the colors (I'm a purple fan as well).

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Wendy looks PERFECT on ya!! Good job.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

You look wonderful in your sweater...and I love the pattern in your scarf.

I am a summer of lace drop out :o(

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great in your sweater. I must go and start playing the Christmas CDs.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the Wendy/Heather!! Looks great on you too! I may have to get that pattern now. I was thinking "I don't think MY body is stripe-friendly but your treatment is perfect!! And the Branching Out looks wonderful - I'm impressed with your skill AND the number of projects you finish and you are a fairly new knitter. Jealous.Must learn not to procrastinate and not start so many projects.New Years Resolution.
Ditto about the Christmas music!! I have XM Satellite radio in my SUV and listen to Heart which is mellow. But apparently it turns into Christmas music!! Imagine my surprise when it comes on and the Barenaked Ladies are singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - especially when they got to the part "remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day" - just was SHOCK to the system!!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Marsha

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Lynda! My Dad, being Irish, (he is gone now), used to sing..."Oh come all ye faithful...get a great big plateful...". So I do understand how you can't get your family versions out of your head.

Your Branching Out scarf must be really nice in that yarn and your Wendy/Heather sweater is fabulous! That model is in very good shape I might add.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh you look so stylie with your fresh manicure and supermodel pose. love it! And the variegated thin stripes, love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home