Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oh What Fun!

I have the best Sox Exchange elf ever!! Lookie what the mail lady delivered yesterday!!! It was a race to the door because Kaity and I have both sent off our Sox Exchange socks and have been waiting excitedly to see who was knitting for us! (Sorry Kaity, maybe yours will come today!)

My Sox Exchange elf was none other than Julia Vesper!! All together now...."LUCKY!!!"

Look at my beautiful socks! She knit these with yarn especially dyed for me, and a beautiful lace pattern of her own. They're so pretty. I love them, and they're a perfect fit! I feel special!

She send the cutest box filled with not only my beautiful Sox Exchange socks, but other goodies. A box of chocolates, some beautiful Vesper Sock Yarn in the Knit and Tonic colorway...., and the cutest buttons with my blog name on them!

Thank you sooo much Julia! It was all very thoughtful, and a fun and beautiful gift to open... and I LOVE my socks. Thanks also to Ariane for coming up with such a great idea!

And - more Christmas goodies from wonderful bloggers - look at the pretty ornament my friend Lynne sent me.


It's already on the tree. Knitters are the best and I am blessed!!

16 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! I've seriosly been checking your blog every 5 minutes to see if you got it yet!! I was about to be nervous! I'm SOOO happy you like the, and they FIT!! Yay!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Julia - you are too funny! Yep - I love them, love them!!! Wore them last night and showed them off to everyone!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Those socks are beautiful. What a fun package to receive! Behold, the power of hand knit socks. ;o)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger chris said...

What an incredible package!! And WOW, Julia Vesper!! :-) I'm so happy for you, Lynda- you so deserve it. Your new socks are GORGEOUS! I love the made-for-you colorway. And how cute are those buttons, too? Not to mention that awesome Vesper sock yarn! (First, the knitting polygamy and now, the birth of a stash? What's next?! ;-)) The ornament from Lynne is so pretty, too. What a happy day! :-)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

wow, such goodies!! Christmas started early, didn't it? =)

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Such nice comments, thank everybody! I feel so spoiled!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

LUCKY! ;)


i couldn't pass this one up: the word verification is vegimao! i could seriously have fun with this, but i won't. hehe...

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are the prettiest colour and they fit so well. Lovely stash yarn but stash yarn that are gifts, are extra special :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

You are more than lucky. You are blessed. What terrific socks. And what terrific friends. Have a wonderful, peaceful, heart- (and foot) warming Christmas

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

HOly Crap! I want to be that close to Vesper goodness! They look like beautiful well made socks. Lucky girl...

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger SAM said...

What a fabulous gift - the socks are gorgeous and those are some of my favorite colors! Knitters are the best! Merry Christmas to you and yours - may the joy of Jesus fill your hearts and lives always.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous socks and yarn! You must have been very good this year. :D

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow! You seriously scored in the Holiday Sox Exchange! Those are gorgeous and the yarn -- yum. Enjoy all the loot!

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So jealous!!!!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

You lucky duck! What a special package.

Amy

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked Julia especially for you:o) I'm glad your like them, arent they beautiful?

And all the extras GOOD GOD, you are one blessed woman.

Merry Christmas, your bud,
Ariane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home