Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas To All!


No "White Christmas" here. It's 9:30 AM Christmas eve, and already 80.

We had a cold snap about two weeks ago.... but we knew it wouldn't last. In Southern California, it almost always warms up for Christmas. Christmas morning all the neighborhood kids will be riding their new bikes, skates, and scooters up and down the street in their shirt sleeves. It's as it should be I guess... it's as I've always know it!

Besides, the weather has to stay nice for the Rose Parade next weekend.... then, in typical fashion, it will get cold and start to rain. God blesses us with warm Christmases, and we have grown to love them.

I'm off to finish my preparations.... my family, Mom and Dad, Sis and her family, my brother and his wife, will all be here bright and early. Well.... we're threatened my brother within an inch of his life to get here "on time...." They have no kids and don't understand that kids can't wait on Christmas morning. Last year all the kids were lined up on the driveway, waiting, to make a point that he couldn't miss when they drove up! We can't wait! We always spend Christmas together, trading off between my sisters house and ours.

I'm ready, I'm excited! The gifts are all wrapped, "Santa" checked out his loot last night and double-checked that all the stockings are ready and "even", I've been through the Igloo that is our Vons and done my one last shopping trip, and the turkey is thawing in the fridge (oops, still need to clean that out...)

Today, it's house cleaning, cookie baking and candy making, then Christmas eve dinner at my mom's. I'm loving it. I'm such a Christmas-dork. I'm more excited than the kids (aren't the parents, always?!)

Wishing all my new blog friends a very merry Christmas and happy holidays. I count you all as gifts!

Joy to the world
the Lord is come
Let Earth received her King
Let every heart prepare Him room
and Heaven and nature sing.

10 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make my day, I love you.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

Back to you, and more! Give everyone my best...and I hope Santa got the message 'bout the knitty gifts!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Marion said...

Merry Christmas, Lynda! I hope you have a good one, even if it is 80 degrees out. :)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger ~k said...

Happy Christmas! Enjoy celebrating the advent of THE LORD...and looking forward to His return!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

lynda - merry christmas! agree about the weather... we just drove down to san jose to see the inlaws, and it's really warm here!! definately in the 70's. strange! snow in tahoe must not be very good this weekend =P

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger chris said...

Wishing you and your beautiful family and wonderful and blessed Christmas. Take care and Merry Christmas, Lynda!! :-)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

It's always hot in Houston too. I think tomorrow the temp is supposed to be 75.

Merry Christmas my friend. Enjoy the special time with your family.

Amy

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I LOVE the yarn man. But he needs a hand-knit scarf to wrap around his neck.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Love the picture of the yarn!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep yep, hot in Houston too. Nearly 80 degrees today. Merry late Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home