Thursday, July 27, 2006

If It Were Only Sock Weather

Check out my cool, new socks! No, I didn't knit them, they're from my buddy Uhoava Gnu, all the way from Finland!

I meet Uhoava Gnu through Count Your Socks, and was fascinated when she had mentioned that in Finland they learn to knit socks in school! How cool is that?

So, I asked her if she would be interested in swapping socks with me, and she was up for it! I made her the Black Purl socks, and these are the ones she knit for me - very pretty, icy blue socks, with a very pretty scallopy lacy pattern.

Thanks Uhoava - I love them! (go check out her blog - she even translates it for us!, and she just finished the cutest blue tank top!)

She also sent some other Finnish stuff.... some nail polish (oooh, she's been paying attention - I do love nail polish!), some very pretty napkins, a pretty pair or earrings (that I'm wearing right now), and a chocolate bar!

What a fun package! Sure beats getting bills and junk mail :O)

Just another reason I'm looking for Fall.... knitting weather, sweater-wearing weather, sock-wearing weather..... I'm ready - enough of the heat!

14 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

NO Way! those are cuter than cute!

And nail polish?..awesome.

I think the heat is breaking. We don't have the A/C on today. wHEW..

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's getting a little cooler up here. How about you?

Those are fantastic socks!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are awesome! I love how the design kind of just blends with the toe. Gorgeous! Enjoy all the goodies :)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger jillian said...

That is an incredible package! Those sock are just beautiful!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

How fun to receive "knitters mail"! TOO CUTE!

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a VERY cool swap pal you have there Lynda! Love the socks!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Marion said...

Great socks!

The heat is suppose to start dying down this weekend... I can't wait!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one lucky woman to get such a wonderful pair of socks! The collection of gifts from Finland makes an interesting cultural exchange. Very sweet!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger uhoava gnu said...

I'm happy you received the package! I was a bit afraid the post office here in Mexico is not so trustworthy..;)
And yeah, I remember your nail polish collection :D

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

How fabulous! Can't wait until it's not too hot to wear them, right?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Those socks are absolutely stunning! They make me think of summer pools and lakes...

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

So awesome, you're blessed :) Even in the coldest SoCalweather, we're still getting tans :)

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

Lovely gifties! Bring on the fall. Kevin just said yesterday that he's ready for the first frost. ;o)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I love the new socks! What a nice treat to find in the mail :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home