Monday, August 14, 2006

I Will NOT Weanie Out

Peer pressure - I won't cave.

I remember in high school, I got wind of a "kidnap breakfast" - and I was determined NOT to be kidnapped with totally bad hair and no zit coverage. I don't remember how I found out, but I knew they were coming to "surprise me" the next morning, along with a bunch of other suckers, and take us to breakfast.... so I put on my best PJ's and set my alarm for a half hour ahead, so I could still be "asleep and surprised" when they barged into my bedroom, but with not-so-wild hair and not so many zits.

Well, my parents found out that I was clued in, and .... well, let's just say, I will never get the picture out of my head - of my Dad crawling into my bedroom in the middle of the night, in his chonies, to unplug my alarm clock. Ew.

Didn't work - I plugged it back in the moment he crawled out. I'm nothing if not determined... when it's important. And the peer pressure was too much - I could handle being dragged out of bed and to breakfast in my PJ's - but could not handle it with major bad hair and uncovered zits.

So, the peer pressure of boring you guys to death with this blog while I'm STILL working on my "First Class Shawl" (aka, Wrap Yourself in Nature, Fiona Ellis) - well, it's not going to work. Sorry. I'm not gonna weanie out. This shawl deserves to be all it can be... the full 50-60" I envision... And, since it's only about 36" right now, be prepared to look at it a while longer.

Sorry - I'm not gonna cave.

I'll try to photograph it in different locales - how 'bout that? Views of the cables from the left one day... .the right another day. Maybe upside down if that'll keep you reading.

Maybe I'll have to order some new yarn or something - then I'll have something new to talk about....

Until then.... sorry - prepare to be bored. And don't even think about trying to sneak into the house on your hands and knees in your chonies to steal it some night.... I'm wise to that trick. And, I'm sleeping with my camera.

20 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger jillian said...

That shawl is so pretty that pictures of it could never be boring! And you are more than halfway done - always a milestone for me in big projects!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Your posts always make me laugh Lynda. If I would have had something like that in HS, I would have done the same thing. God forbid I be seen in public all nappy!

Amy

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to say, i was one of those friends who participated in such "kidnappings". =) the last time we did it though, was in college. haven't done it ever again. =)

btw, those cables look so good. i like how they lean one side and then the other. very pretty!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is stunning! I LOVE cables! I was kidnapped like that when I was in H.S. and had NO clue! Things would have been much better if I had had an inkling. Shoot, what a shock.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sonya said...

That shawl is so pretty, you could show the same picture every day and I'd be happy. What a sneaky dad! Few things could be worse (then or now) than being seen in public with proper grooming.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love those cables- they will be a beautiful shawl. I'll cheer you on while looking at the same picture over and over!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Karen said...

You are just too funny!! Be strong!! Don't Weanie!!! We'll look at every inch of your progress . . . and be really really happy to do so!! :)

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is SO beautiful Lynda!!! You really NEED to finish this one -- it will be such a wonderful feeling! Besides, remember saying you are a shawl gal???

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Mamma said...

I don't think I could get bored looking at all that cable-y goodness. You must, must, must finish it. You can't weanie out. You are many things, but one thing you are NOT is a weanie.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

OK, all I'm gonna say is:

Do you still charge the closets with a baseball bat when you come into the empty house late at night?

I still want to!!

BAWHAWHAWHAHWAWHAW!!!!!!!111

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

Just keep showing us the shawl, it's so gorgeous! I've never been kidnapped before but once when I was sick, some school friends came to visit and I was in my pjs!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That shawl definately does not deserved to be deserted....you keep going girl. We promise we won't be bored!

I would HATE to be kidnapped and taken out in public in my jammies, messed up hair and no make up...shoot, I won't go out in public NOW without makeup on!!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Cheri said...

That shawl is beautiful, you should tell us about it every day and what progress you're making.

I usually go to the gym only about 1 step up from being in my jammies (personally I prefer to exercise in gym clothes), that's about the only place where I don't worry about how I look...except at home, if you saw me at home I'd probably give you a heart attack!

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

So now knit blogging isn't just taking over all of our waking moments, but all of our sleeping ones, too? Incredible!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

I'm living vicariously through your cable knitting via that scarf and Rogue! Cable on! Blog on!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Charity said...

The wrap is so great, I don't mind looking at it a while longer :0)

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous wrap, in fact I think I have some great yarn for it in stash. hmmm, another project?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

i had to laugh when i read this post. funny thing is, i've never heard of "kidnap breakfast," though it's giving me ideas...hehehe...starfish better watch out!
and what are you talking about? boring? knitting is ANYTHING BUT boring. and for people with short attention spans like me, i can appreciate all the work going into your beautiful shawl; it's like i'm making one vicariously through you :)
i wonder what kinds of things you'd catch sleeping with your camera...? now THAT'S something i could never live with. going out in public with bedhead and pj's is nothing, but take a pic of me sleeping and you just sealed your death wish!
thanks for always leaving such sweet comments! i revel in reading your postings too :)

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*L* I think I could stare at your shawl all day, the cables are so neat! Love your post, I'm still laughing!!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Boring? How silly ... after all, it's KNITTING. I love cables! It's going to make a beautiful shawl too ... oooh, I can tell already. Gorgeous!

I've never been kidnapped for breakfast before. But maybe because I get up at 4am most days [even back in HS] & no one can get up that early to surprise me. So don't EVEN think about it! LOL, not a pretty picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home