Thursday, August 03, 2006

Variety and Choices


The hubby has a theory - that you can tell what kind of day you're gonna have by the shoes you put on in the morning.

Work boots - work day...

Chaco sandals - better, it means a day off, or at least they're the first thing he puts on when he gets home from work.

Bike-riding shoes - even better. Motorcycle boots - even better. Hiking boots - probably the best. Dress shoes - he's probably going somewhere he would rather not...

It goes right along with his "right tool for the right job" theory, "you can never have too many pairs of boots" theory, and his "it's nice to have nice things" motto.

Kind of like bags, and purses. I mean, really - you can never have too many. Each purse has it's own purpose and personality. Some are very functional - some are VERY nice, some are expensive, some are not. You can tell the kind of day you're gonna have by which purse you're carrying, too - so the theory holds. There's the everyday purse, the dressy little clutch, the backpack... the ones that match this outfit and shoes just so....

Same with knitting bags. I have MANY knitting bags - yet each have qualities that make them best for a specific purpose - ok, maybe "whim" would be a better word here.

Here's my newest and coolest - made by my darling daughter Kaity. I picked out the fabric and she sewed it up for me - even to my specifications. It has a zipper at the top, cute polka dot contrast lining, and an inside pocket. She even made me a little zippered notions bag with the leftovers.

Variety - ahhh, the spice of life.... in my variety of children, Kaity's the crafty one.

19 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous!! Even a little notions bag--wow, you are set for a wonderful day with that bag.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Cute bag! You're lucky to have such a crafty daughter. A girl can never have too many bags. Or shoes. Or yarn.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Lucky you! That's a cute bag. The zipper on top makes them priceless at my house - do Carmie steal things out of knitting bags if they don't have zippers?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful bag, and made by loving hands! Nothing could be better.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love that bag! Kaity has a future in pretty much anyhing she touches, huh? I love bags. The more colorful the better. You could have a bag for every project..... think of all the yarn you could stash...

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need my husband to read this, because he just simply doesn't understand why us girls like to have more than one purse. If I just glance at them in the store he flips out! WTF?
Kaity sure is a good sewer. Your bag is fab! The flowery pattern is neato, and the zipper! Zippers are good too.

I have a secret. I've been hording fabric like no tomarrow. Secret sewing going on here. Shhh.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What an awesome bag! Kaity did a wonderful job with it!!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

WOW! Kaity is very talented (just like her mom). I think that bag would be perfect for my vacation in September!!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

hahaha...for me, it's the underwear. i used to think it was the shoes, but ever since i discovered victoria's secret cotton underwear in college - bright, multi-colored comfort that came 5 for $25 - my days have been dictated by my underwear. seriously. i CANNOT have a bad day if i'm wearing VS underwear that has glittery stars on it, and man, i surprised myself because there have been pretty bad ones that turned out not-so-bad because of that underwear.

call me crazy, but asking yourself what underwear you're wearing when you're having a bad day can really put a smile on your face. i think starfish would agree with me; i'm sure his day was made a whole lot better when he asked me what kind of underwear i was wearing. psh, men! figures.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger opportunityknits said...

This one looks like a wonderful day off to do girly stuff kind of bag.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Karen said...

You are such a fountain of wisdom . . . you are so right about the shoes thing. Today I've got on my sneakers, which means it will be a fun day because my godson and his baby brother will be here from New Hampshire.

I love you new knitting bag - what wonderful fabric you picked out. Katie does a wonderful sewing job too.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Absolutely. Plus, on the shoes front - I do a lot more walking/moving when I'm wearing flats, a lot more dancing when I'm wearing heels. All depends on the day/occasion.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

heh - what's it mean when you wear flip flops - all day, every day, everywhere? (maybe it's the simple fact that for 10 months of the year we canadians have to keep our feet bundled in socks and whatnot!)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Charity said...

What a great bag! I've been thinking, recently, that I need a few cloth bags for various projects. I wonder if I could convince my Katie to sew me up a couple? :0)

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your bag... the fabrics, the shape.... all!!!

le chat qui coud

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the bag!!! How bright and cheerful it is! And functional too! You just don't get "looks" plus "function" in one package very often! I think Alane and Kaity should go into business together some day!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

A talented knitter AND a talented seamstress? You must be a proud momma.

Amy

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

how cute are you guys - i love that she made the notions pouch. as if it weren't perfect and cute enough already! what a nice girl - you must be doing something right. :-)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

How cool is that?
I think she should have an etsy store & make some extra money to make more crafty things. I love it when kids not only make things, but NICE useful things you're proud to show off.

She's one talented young lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home