I was tagged by Lorette, The Knitting Doctor
, so here's a random look at what's in my iPod - I turned it on "shuffle" and here are the first 12 tunes to come up-
......an odd little look into what rocks my world:
1. All for Love- Rod Stewart. I LOVE his love songs album. I walked miles and miles listening to Rod while I was training for my 3-day walk a few years ago.
2. I Can Only Imagine - Mercy Me. This is from my current "walking" playlist, which is chock full of praise music.
3. Always On My Mind - Elvis. How can you not love a little Elvis, although I prefer Willie Nelson's cover of this song.
4. The Lord's Prayer - Il Divo. OH. MY. Have you heard these guys.... more important, have you seen
these guys! Wait - given that they're singing the Lord's Prayer- I probably shouldn't go there...
5. You Make Lovin' Fun - Fleetwood Mac. Love them. Takes me back to the early 80's when the hubby and I first met (smile).
6. Casino Royale - Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Good Stuff. Happy music. My mom used to listen to this when we were kids, now MY kids love it.
7. A Long Way Home - Dwight Yokum. Come on.... there are just some times when nothing but some good old twangy Dwight music will do.
8. Channel Z - The B-52's. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the B-52's!!
9. Message In a Bottle - The Police. Some more good music from the era where the hubby and I began...
10. Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi Trio. My kind of Jazz. I love this entire CD (Peanuts Christmas Album).
11. The Holly and the Ivy - George Winston. More Christmas music. I have a LOT of Christmas music. George Winston is THE MOST brilliant pianist ever. I'm going to be him when I grow up... or Charlize Theron. Wait, I want to play like George and look like Charlize.... that's the ticket. Anyway, I digress - I have a LOT of George Winston music.
12. Take It Easy - Eagles. I LOVE singing along with the Eagles - they are perfect for me. I can figure out all harmonies and they're always in just the right key for my low alto voice (such as it is). Probably my all time favorite to sing to.
Hmmmm, that's kind of fun to do, and a little interesting to see what pops up. Consider yourself tagged if you'd like!
In fibery news, now that I'm a "stasher"- check out that beautiful Cascade Ecological Wool
up there! I don't know if it's a new yarn altogether, or just new to my LYS, but I saw it for the first time last week. I talked myself out of buying it that day, and have been thinking of it ever since! But, really - when a $25 Gift Cert turns up in your mailbox for the very same LYS, well, duh..... it just means I was meant to have it!
This some nice stuff!, and surprisingly soft for yarn that is supposed to be "minimally processed." It's not all rough and twiggy like some minimally processed wool, but very smooth and pretty - AND, it and comes in a HUGE skein of 487 yards! It smells heavenly, too.
I'm thinking it may become Starsky
some day. All that 80's music has me feeling a little retro.